Configuring custom Clickio CDN Cache TTL
To control Clickio CDN Cache more flexibility and precisely, you can create a page rule with ‘Edge cache TTL’ option.
If you want to bypass Clickio CDN cache, create the page rule and set the value of ‘Edge cache TTL’ option to ‘0’.
It is important to understand two basic Page Rules behaviors:
- Only the highest priority matching page rule takes effect on a request.
- Page rules are prioritized in descending order in the Clickio Page Rules dashboard, with the highest priority rule at the top.
A page rule matches a URL pattern based on Go regexp syntax with the following format (comprised of one segment):
If you create page rule for domain www.example.com and path
/category/article.* then such rule will be applied to URLs look like:
You can disable a page rule at any time. While a rule is disabled, actions won’t trigger but the rule still appears in the Page Rules dashboard, is editable. The Save as draft option creates a page rule that is disabled by default.
Finally, to create page rules you need to switch on the Activate Page Rules toggle button. If you switch off the Activate Page Rules, all active page rules will be disabled for site.
3.1. Log in to the Clickio Platform.
3.2. Click the Prism in the left sidebar.
3.3. Select the domain where you want to add the page rule and click the Prism CDN settings in the Prism settings column.
3.4. Under Page Rules, switch on Activate Page Rules and click Create Page Rule.
3.5. Under If the URL matches, enter the URL or URL pattern that should match the rule.
3.6. Next, under Then the settings are: select the Edge cache TTL from the dropdown and enter the Cache lifetime in seconds.
3.7. To save, click one of the following options:
- Save as Draft to save the rule and leave it disabled.
- Save and Deploy to save the rule and enable it immediately.
3.8. Use Drag&Drop to change the page rule order.
To modify an existing rule:
4.1. Log in to the Clickio Platform.
4.2. Click the Prism in the left sidebar.
4.3. Select the domain where you want to add the page rule and click the Prism CDN settings in the Prism settings column.
4.4. Under Page Rules, locate the rule to edit..
4.5. Proceed to make the necessary changes, as follows:
- To enable or disable a rule, click the On/Off toggle.
- To modify the URL pattern, settings, click the Edit button (wrench icon). In the dialog, enter the information you’d like to change.
- To remove a rule, click the Delete button (x icon) and confirm by clicking OK in the Confirm dialog.