Dimensions, Metrics, and Filters
Dimensions, along with metrics and filters, determine what data will be displayed in the report. Dimensions help you break down your data by specific attributes, such as the device or platform on which the ad was viewed.
- Site: the user domain that triggered the event.
- Ad Unit: the name for the inventory ad unit where the creative delivered (incompatible with some metrics: Page Views, Page RPM, Ad Impressions / Page, Page Views (% of Total), Impressions / Page).
Device: a descriptive category of the user's device. Possible values are:
- Feature Phone
- Connected TV
Demand Type: a demand type depending on the auction bidding (incompatible with some metrics: Page Views, Page RPM, Ad Impressions / Page, Page Views (% of Total), Impressions / Page). Possible values are:
- Open Bidding
- Header Bidding
Platform: site version depending on the environment. Possible values are:
NOTES: The Data Insights tracking code activated automatically does not include AMP pages, where an additional tracking code is required.
- Page URL: the URL of the page that requested and that displayed the ad. Only HTTP and HTTPS URLs are included. Login components of URLs (user:password@) are omitted.
NOTES: Use the full path URL for filters. For example, for the homepage: Page URL > Exactly match > https://www.site.com.
- Page Title: the title of the page is extracted from the meta information of the website's markup such as Schema.org and The Open Graph.
- Author: author information is retrieved from website markup metadata such as Schema.org and The Open Graph.
- Category: site section is collected from website markup metadata such as Schema.org and The Open Graph. Only the first category in the list is displayed.
- Country: the name of the country associated with the IP address of the user.
- Browser: the user's internet browser name.
- OS: the name of the operating system installed on the user's device.
- Creative Size: the size in pixels (width x height) of the delivered Ad Manager creative. For example, "300x250" (incompatible with some metrics: Page Views, Page RPM, Ad Impressions / Page, Page Views (% of Total), Impressions / Page. Creative sizes are not available for header bidding, reported as “1x1”).
User Identifier Status: indicates whether a valid user advertising identifier (a third-party cookie or device ID) was present on a given ad request (incompatible with some metrics: Page Views, Page RPM, Ad Impressions / Page, Page Views (% of Total), Impressions / Page). Possible values include:
- Active: A user identifier was present and active.
- Restricted: A user identifier was present, but its usage was restricted by how cookies may be used. For example, personalization is not allowed.
- Missing: A user identifier wasn't present.
Metrics represent numerical values that you measure. For example, you can evaluate the performance of your site in terms of page views, earnings, impressions, and so on. They are usually arranged in columns and contain numbers or percentages.
All metrics are divided into RECOMMENDED and ADVANCED. You can use the search box to help you find metrics in the list. Drag and drop the selected metrics on the right to change the order in which they are shown.
- Page Views: the number of times a user views a page with Clickio ads. We will count one page view regardless of the number of ads displayed on that page.
- Ad Impressions: the number of times individual ad creatives were rendered. One impression might account for several ad impressions.
- Page RPM: Page RPM = Earnings / Page Views x 1000.
- Ad Impressions / Page = Total number of Ad Impressions / Number of Page Views
- Earnings: estimated publisher’s earnings in the account currency from Google Ad Manager, Open Bidding, and Header Bidding over the selected time period.
- Page Views (% of Total): Shows the current row's value divided by the total number of Page Views.
- Earnings (% of Total): shows the current row's value divided by the total Earnings.
- Ad eCPM = Earnings / Ad Impressions x 1000.
- eCPM = Earnings / Impressions x 1000.
- Clicks: a number of times a user clicks on an ad.
- CTR = Clicks / Ad Impressions.
- Impressions: the number of times an ad unit was rendered on the page. Each ad unit might contain several ad impressions.
- Impressions / Page = Total number of Impressions / Number of Page Views.
- Ad Impressions (% of Total): Percent of total shows the current row's value divided by the total Ad Impressions.
Filters can help you understand your data and find trends. For example, you can use filters to look at a specific site section, page URL, country or ad unit within a selected date range. You can add multiple filters to further drill down to the information that you really need.
There are two types of filters, and the set of available operators for them is different.
- Any of
- Not any of
- Does not contain
- Exactly matches
- Does not exactly match
- Begins with
- Does not begin with
- Ends with
- Does not end with
- = (Equal)
- != (Does not equal)
- > (Greater than)
- >= (Greater than or equal)
- < (Less than)
- <= (Less than or equal)
- Is between (two values)
- Is not between (two values)