How to create ad units?
To add an ad unit on the Clickio Platform, please follow the instructions below.
Before generating any ad unit, make sure that the Clickio Header code is installed on your site.
1. Go to the Ad Units tab on the Clickio Platform.
2. Click the Add Ad Unit button.
3. Select the site for which you wish to add a new ad unit.
4. Name the new ad unit. It's good practice to include position, size, and device targeting in the ad unit name.
5. Select the type of ad unit - Fixed, Fullscreen (Interstitial) or Horizontal sticky.
For fixed formats you will also need to select the size of the ad unit. For fullscreen (interstitial) you should switch Place ad unit automatically to ON.
6. Click the Add button.
7. Select the ad unit in the list on the Ad Units page.
8. In the Main tab of the Ad Unit select Device Targeting. For fullscreen (interstitial), we recommend creating separate ad units for desktop and for mobile and tablets.
- In the Codes tab of the Ad Unit, copy and paste the ad unit Body code in between the <body><body/> tags of your pages where you want the ads to appear. This step is not necessary for fullscreen (interstitial) ads.
IMPORTANT: Web Interstitials in Ad Manager are similar to the Vignette ads (Auto ads format) in AdSense. The latter should be disabled prior to the activation of the new Web Interstitial. Please follow the instructions on how to do this here.