GDPR Consent Tool Setup
To set up the GDPR Consent Tool on your site, follow the steps below:
- Sign up to Clickio Consent Platform and verify your email address by clicking the link in the confirmation email.
- To access the settings of the Consent Management Platform, sign in to your Clickio account and go to the Consent (GDPR) tab.
- Choose the site you want to add a consent tool for and go to the Settings tab.
- Choose the language of the consent. As for now, the Clickio GDPR tool is available in English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Polish, German, Greek, and Russian.
- Choose the desired consent popup position: centered or bottom.
Popup position settings is not supported on AMP pages.
- Upload your site logo, by clicking Choose file for logo.
- Adjust the design settings for text color, button text color, background color, and button background, “Back” link color.
Please note that you need to enter the color in HEX format only.
For Italian language only
In accordance with the Italian DPA's cookie guidelines, as of January 2022, among other updates, all websites must have a clear button that prevents all but technical cookies from being used if the visitor clicks on it. To learn more about GDPR regulations in Italy, read our dedicated blog in English or Italian.
After selecting one of the options, a preview window will show how it will look on your website.
- Custom CSS: to adjust the appearance of the main consent dialog, add custom code in CSS format in the Custom CSS window.
- Custom disclosure: to add extra purpose to the Manage options Tab, add header and text in the Custom disclosure window. Items will be added to the end of the list in the first tab of the second layer.